About Series Maintenance
Any series in your account can be kept fully private, made public, or selectively shared with known individuals:
Private data cannot be viewed outside of your account
- One exception: You can explicitly grant viewing permission to other dataZoa accounts by using Workbench → Share... → Share to particular people
- Your own uploaded data is marked private by default
Public data can be freely viewed outside of your account
- Data from open Web sources is marked Public by default
From the Workbench or the dropZone you can quickly switch a series between public and private just by clicking on the sharing status icon (/).
To explicitly share a single series, click on the sharing icon . This brings up a dialog box where you can enter the dataZoa users you want to share with.
Any series that are shared out of your account show a sharing status icon . Hover for a quick count, or click for more information.
- You can set permissions for several series at once using the Workbench→Sharing... menu.
- Series should be marked Public if you are going to use them in public facing charts and tables.
- When you change a series from Public to Private, check its sharing status, to see if there are any series "borrowers" who might be affected.
From Within Your dataZoa Account
In the workbench, check-mark the series of interest and use the Export... button to select a file type and start a download.
In the dropZone, you can export a block of series by using the gear icon to use the File ... Export Series menu choice.
If you want to limit the time-span of a series export, the export from displays offers a date range option.