Tables For Data Automation
From dataZoa Wiki
Instead of using the API to loop through and fetch many series for a given app (like mapping, or HiCharts), you can just use displays (tables, latest values)
Just create a table specifically for your app which contains all the data needed and then use AJAX to fetch it.
- You can mark the row (series) labels to easily identify their data
- Label knockouts are available
- Just one fetch for multiple series
- The displays are server-cached for speed
- A GroupList parameter (glname=... on a table gives access to multiple datasets
- A LatestValues display gives you current values, prior values and/or (%) changes
- Use jQuery (or similar library) to parse the structured classes in the display and get the data values
- There is a limit of 50 points of historical data per series for tables.