LatestValues Editor Column Settings Tab
A LatestValues display can have up to 9 columns of data, each of which can be individually specified and formatted. Each column has its own numbered sub-tab indicating what to show and how to show it.
Subtabs: Column 1Column 2Column 9N
|Display Settings||Year-over-Year, where "down" is good...|
|Show||What to show; latest, prior, etc||Percent Change|
|Timespan||Number and type of earlier values to show||1 Year|
|Arrows||Red/Green indicator arrows||Down is Green|
|Date||Show date of the observation right in the column|
|Units||Show date of the observation right in the column|
Notes on Display Settings:
- When "Latest Values" or "External Data" are selected, the Timespan (offset) and Arrows settings have no effect. The most recent values are always displayed.
- When "Prior Values" is selected, the Arrows setting has no effect.
Showing values from unrelated series as a column in a LatestValues Display
Generally speaking, each column in a LatestValues Display derives from its row Series. By choosing External Data for a column, you can show values from Series that are not among the rows of the display itself.
To designate these External series, you provide the name of a GroupList that lists the Series of interest in the order you like. This column then shows the latest value for each Series in that GroupList.
Remember: Changes to the GroupList will affect this embed.
- The dates of the displayed values will match those of the primary data series (seen under "Row Settings").
- If the GroupList contains more series then the primary data then the extra series are ignored.
- Empty values indicate either a missing series or lack of a value on the specified date.
- If all values are empty, check that you have correctly entered the name of a valid, non-empty GroupList.
- This data is only exported with the download tool when using the "Only Data as Shown" option.
|Custom Label||Free text/(limited)html||Y/Y % Chg|
|Show Header||Show or suppress column header entirely|
Tabular displays have highly refined formatting options. This tab controls formatting for the selected row. All rows can be formatted at once in the LatestValues Settings tab. Read about the cell formatting tab here.