This is a collection of conventions, rules and limitations employed in dataZoa
- USER NAME:
- Must start with a letter, contain only letters, numbers, and underscores (“_”), and have at least 6 characters.
- Not case-sensitive.
- Any combination of between 6 and 25 characters.
- Case sensitive
- SERIES KEY:
- Used to identify a particular data series as stored in dataZoa.
- Globally unique.
- Composed of user name followed by forward slash followed by eight digits (user_name/12345678)
- Maximum number of series keys per user account is one hundred million (100,000,000)
- SERIES TITLE:
- Up to 400 characters long,
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SERIES PER EXPORT:
- MAXIMUM CHARACTERS IN NAME:
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GROUPLIST NAMES SHOWN:
- This does not limit the actual number of grouplists, only the number displayed in the User Interface dropdown list.
Missing Data Values
|Non-Numeric Type||Meaning||String to enter as Input||String displayed as Output|
|No Data||Data point is known not to exist||##ND##||ND|
|Non-Disclosed Data||Data point exists but is not being shown||##NDD##||NDD|
|Not Available||Data may exist but is not available||##NA##||NA|
In calculations, NA values in the inputs yield NAs as outputs by default. Optionally, you can fill the inputs with their neighboring values before they are evaluated. In particular:
- Fill forward
- Fill backward
- Fill forward, then backward
- Fill backward, then forward
- For example: Fill Forward, then Backward of NA, 2, NA, 4, NA yields2, 2, 2, 4, 4
- EARLIEST DATE:
- Because of the calendar discontinuity introduced at the Gregorian transition, the earliest year that can be stored accurately to the day is 1753.
- Non accurate dates can begin as early as 1/1/1000.
- LATEST DATE:
- PERIODICITIES (FREQUENCIES):
Both American-style mm-dd-yyyy dates and International Style dd-mm-yyyy date formats are supported.
Supported date formats include:
|Fully Specified||Year Only||Month, Year Only||Semi-Annual||Quarterly|
Jan 15 2011
January 15, 2011
Sunday, January 15, 2011
- WORKBENCH PAGESIZE:
- The number of series titles listed in the Workbench view can range from 5 - 500, as set in Account Controls Preferences tab.
- DZBOARD CAPTION STRINGS:
- Maximum 32,000 characters