Difference between revisions of "Announcements"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 13:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 09:33, 27 September 2017
- 1 2017
- 1.1 September
- 1.2 August
- 1.3 July
- 1.4 June
- 1.5 May
- 1.6 April
- 1.7 March
- 1.8 February
- 2 2016
- 3 2015
Invitation codes no longer required for new accounts
dZTourist temporary guest accounts offered, no sign-up needed
Existing users are strongly encouraged to try out the 2.2 User Interface!
- The dataZoa version 2.2 user interface offers a significant upgrade both capabilities and appearance
- Some highlights: Integrated documentation Wiki, File upload wizard, dZ-Dot tuning options by data source
- Accounts opened after September 1, 2017 are already at this version by default
- You can switch to/from new interface version via the Profile/Preferences menu
dataZoa version 2.2 user interface is now the default for new accounts
Enhancements to BLS OES (Occupational Employment Statistics) Data Handling
OES data is not technically maintained as time series data by the BLS. Nevertheless, dataZoa has always been capable of constructing time series out of the individual yearly observations. Until recently, the dataZoa was able to reach back as far as five years, but no further. Recent changes now allow for considerable enhancement.
- dataZoa will now pull together OES series as far back as 1999.
- We have migrated the date time-stamps of the yearly observations from from mid-year (May) to start-of-year (Jan) to be consistent with the BLS, which does not mark the month at all.
- Relatedly, the November updates that happened in a few years are now also attriuted to start-of-year (Jan) to be consistent with the BLS.
- A number of meta-data fields (such as the various occupation and area codes) are now explicit in the data rather than simply left in the data titles.
New dataZoa Publisher: Florida
New dataZoa Publisher: Oregon
New dataZoa Publisher: Tennessee
File Upload Wizard
For uploading typical ..xls, .csv, .txt files.
First time through, answer questions as you go. After a successful upload, save specs as a template so that similar files can be updated and uploaded again and again with minimum effort and maximum reliability.
New data source: Bloomberg
The dZ-Dot now supports the Bloomberg, LLP site.
This site offers weekly data on a variety of subjects, including:
- Stock prices for specific exchanges